GAMP Children and Young People’s Network
What was the GAMP Children & Young Peoples Network about?
The network aimed to improve access to children and young people’s activities in the GAMP area by bringing together all organisations that provide or are interested in promoting activities for children, young people and families in the GAMP area.
How did it work…
- Regular network meetings and e-network.
- Information sharing on activities and the opportunity to discuss any particular issues for children and young people
- Jointly plan and help to identify gaps in provision.
We worked to bring all of the ideas together and promoted all activities via:
- Social Media – website links, Facebook, twitter and the use of QR technology.
- Holiday booklets – these were produced for 5 school holiday periods. (Oct 15-Aug 16)
- A ‘What’s On’ in the GAMP area guide – a comprehensive booklet of local activity providers. (Sept 16)
- All booklets were distributed to every household in the GAMP area alongside the Newton News.
As the project was funded by GAMP AAP it was FREE
All that we asked was that members:
- Get involved either by attending the Network Meetings or keeping in touch via an e-network.
- Completed a Children and Young People’s Network registration form.
- Provided information to be included in the joint publicity brochure.
- Promoted and shared information distributed via the network to client group or own networks.
- Provided feedback around increased engagement or access to information as a result of the network.
- If appropriate, members offered a free room and refreshments for the network meetings.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01388 824800 (ext247) or 07415 380040