Livin in partnership with Success (North East) organised a 4 day Christmas themed financial awareness event for approximately 360 primary school children aged 7-9 years and 80 nursery children aged 3-4 years.
The following schools attended this event:
- Tudhoe Moor Nursery – Spennymoor
- St Charles – Spennymoor
- Stephenson Way – Newton Aycliffe
- Sugar Hill – Newton Aycliffe
- St Francis – Newton Aycliffe
- Cleves Cross – Ferryhill
- Ferryhill Station – Ferryhill
- King Street – Spennymoor
- North Park – Spennymoor
- West Cornforth – Ferryhill
- Chilton Primary – Chilton
- Fishburn Primary – Fishburn
- Trimdon Juniors – Trimdon
The aim of the event was to provide opportunities for children to understand financial responsibilities as well as gaining knowledge around the types of work that livin staff do.
The event focused around the story of Earnest the Elf who was left in charge of the North Pole whilst Santa was taking his annual holiday. Earnest was given a list of responsibilities to fulfil such as paying the electricity bill and buying food shopping. As the story unfolds Earnest becomes irresponsible with Santa’s money and almost ruins Christmas. The children were given the opportunity to go to work for livin to help Earnest solve his money problems and save Christmas.